What a crazy busy week. How about a little Five on Friday?!
1. Last night was 14.2, the second workout of the 2014 CrossFit Open. 3 minutes to complete two rounds of 10 OHS #65 and 10 C2B pullups. Well, I had never done a #65 OHS but guess what, I did! And then came the part that I was terrified of. C2B pull-ups. Before yesterday, I hadn’t ever done an unassisted pull-up, let alone a chest to bar pull-up. Well, I didn’t get any C2B, but I hit a personal PR on unassisted pull-ups! I was happy with those results even though I didn’t get any C2Bs.
More importantly, I was so excited that I FINALLY got to participate in the party at Red Stick Crossfit for the WOD! I finally got to go and hangout with my CrossFit family for The Open. The Open WOD was finally capped off with a group of us going out for dinner afterwards. It’s crazy how the people I workout with at Red Stick CrossFit have become my second family.
2. I’d like to say that Mardi Gras 2014 was a success. I had a phenomenal time photographing the parades and just love the history and tradition that is Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Oh, and king cake. Who doesn’t love king cake.
3. Along with some fantastic images from Mardi Gras, I love the little things I pick up from sporting events. I absolutely LOVE shooting baseball and football. It’s two of the sports that I absolutely love to shoot. The raw emotion that emulates from the images is just, how can I put it, well, there are no words.
4. So when I’m not at the box and when I’m not working, taking pictures, and blogging, I’m cooking and juicing. I’ve been making some pretty epic juices lately. Last night’s was a green juice (I’m not going to lie, they’ve all become green juices). The juice was comprised of a bunch of kale, three cucumbers, a box of strawberries, two oranges and an apple. Before adding the cucumbers and apple to the juice, I mixed it up a little and peeled them (along with the oranges). I don’t know why I wanted to try it, but being that I’ve seen a lot of the rind and peel get stuck in the blades and not even make it to the juicer, I guess it was worth a shot. Well, it worked beautifully. I need to update my recipes for y’all.
5. So Wednesday I started watching House of Cards. I’m addicted. I think I need an intervention. The first sign to solving an addiction is to admit you have one, right? Well, yeah. I’m obsessed. If you haven’t started watching this show, and if you’re not already addicted, you need to get on the bandwagon. Like now.