My life has been so hectic this past week so I haven’t been able to post as much as I would have liked.
Anyway, today’s is my birthday so for my Five on Friday I thought I’d share some personal stuff about me 🙂
1. I tell people I’m from New Orleans/Metairie, but my heart is in Hopedale. You see, Hopedale is this little village (I don’t think it qualifies as a city) that’s below Chalmette, which is southeast of New Orleans. Anyway, the reason I say my heart is in Hopedale is because every weekend growing up I was there, fishing, playing on the boat and exploring bayous and marshes.
2. I’m incredibly impatient. Like, I have this nervous/weird tick that I inherited from my dad. When I’ve been waiting for some time, my foot will just start tapping. I can’t explain it. I do it at my desk, at the dinner table and even in traffic. I am always looking for a way out of a situation, whether its some awkward conversation with someone I haven’t seen in forever, or again, traffic. They’re not always negative situations or anything like that. Just planning ahead sometimes, anticipating certain things.
3. I’ve been cooking a LOT lately. I mean a lot a lot. I need to post some more recipes to here for y’all and update the recipes page. But anyone who knows me knows I love to cook. I mean love love love. I will randomly add different spices and ingredients to whatever I’m cooking, creating new tastes and flavors. Like these stuffed chicken breasts I made the other day (I call them baby chickens because they’re kind of little). One of my new favorite things to cook with are baby bellos (baby portobello mushrooms).
4. CrossFit has really given me some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for. I mean, if you can get all gross, sweaty and writhe on the floor in pain together before going to grab dinner and drinks in those same clothes you were just working out in, it has to be a true friendship, right? Duh. Of course it is.
5. So these friends of mine that I’ve made through CrossFit. Well, a bunch of us are all celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday here in Baton Rouge. For those who don’t know, this holiday in Baton Rouge is the equivalent to Mardi Gras Day in New Orleans. It’s legit and it’s crazy. Well, being the person I am and historically doing absolutely nothing fun for my birthday (well, there was that one time freshman year in Boulder when my then-boyfriend was working and I ‘went out’ with some ‘friends’ who ended up drinking too much, so I left and then they all got MIPs walking home), with the exception of work, because you know, work can be fun. Sometimes. So long story short, that St. Patrick’s Day parade and celebration? Yeah, I’m treating that like my own birthday party and everyone else is celebrating with me. Oh, and there will be mimosas.