Y’all, I went off the deep end last night and decided to make a pan seared mahi mahi. I was worried at first but it was so easy!
What you need:
– 1-2 pieces of mahi mahi (4-5 oz each)
– Olive oil
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 2 tsp cracked black pepper
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder (I used 1 tsp of dried minced onions)
– 2 tsp cumin
– 2 tsp paprika
– 2-3 tsp cayenne pepper
What you do:
– Rinse your filets and pat dry.
– Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, this will be your rub.
– Drizzle your filets with olive oil and add the rub to both sides of the filet.
– Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
– Drizzle a little olive oil in the pan.
– Pan sear each filet roughly 3-5 minutes on each side or until flaky & cooked thoroughly.
– Serve with your favorite vegetables and garnish with cilantro or parsley.