I know everyone is ready to get back on the wagon and eat clean after Thanksgiving. Bacon and spinach stuffed chicken breasts is a great paleo friendly way to do that!
What you Need:
– 4 chicken breasts
– 10-12 sundried tomatoes, diced
– 6 strips of bacon
– 1-1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1/8 cup diced yellow onion
– 4-5 artichoke hearts, sliced
– 1 cup chicken broth
– Salt and pepper to tast
– Cooking string or toothpicks
What you do:
– Preheat the oven to 350*.
– Clean and butterfly your chicken (cut lengthwise through the middle, not going all the way through).
– Cook the bacon to taste. Once it’s finished, remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel to soak up excess fat, leaving the remaining oil in the skillet.
– Over medium heat, add the sundried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, onion and artichoke hearts. Cook 4-5 minutes or until the onions become transparent then allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
– Once cooled, spread the mixture into the middle of the butterflied chicken, folding the chicken over to enclose the stuffing. Add broken up pieces of bacon. You can enclose the chicken by using either toothpicks or tying with string.
– Place the chicken in a pan or glassware and add the chicken broth (you don’t want to drown the chicken, just not let it dry out) and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, remove the string from the chicken and enjoy!